Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pacific Northwest

I recently just returned from a little vacation in Portland, Oregon. It was a pleasant trip all in all, filled with weird people, lots of fixies, and rain.

The first night there we went downtown to a little restaurant called Montague, good enough I guess, our waitress did growl at us a few times..
After dinner we found the very famous Burnside Skatepark. This was definitely a real treat seeing this historical park.

The next day we mobbed downtown on Portlands' wonderful public transportation system, The Max. By the time we arrived downtown it was starting to rain, nothing too heavy, just a light drizzle, but enough to eventually soak my shoes. I saw a lot of bums, a lot. And I'm not talking about rear ends, I'm talking about the homeless. Apparently its really easy to be homeless in Portland.

On Sunday we decided to drive to Seattle, Washington. The rain pounded us the entire way there but when we finally got to Seattle there was no rain and the sun decided to come out. The weather ended up being so nice and inviting that we stayed for about three hours. We walked around Pikes Place Market. Pikes is like a swap meet but happens everyday, filled with homemade art, bags, and tons of food! We found the very first Starbucks, nestled between some bakeries in Pikes. Speaking of Starbucks, theres like one of every corner in Seattle, literally, every corner.

Finally, on my last day there we headed to the beautiful Oregon coast. The drive there was nothing less than amazing with the dense forest to either side of the road. We parked at a little copttage by the beach and walked uphill to the beach and the sight of the Ocean was breathtaking! I forgot how much I missed the coast. The water seemed angry, tossing to and frow, waves crashing into each other creating a sight to see. The clouds covered the sky and the wind blew, but that didn't stop me from getting into the water. I took off running and didn't stop until my head was submerged. The water eventually numbed my whole body and then my body couldnt handle the intesity of the cold.





oh, and uh its my birthday, im 20.

No comments: